© All Photos Copyright UpCircle 2020.
Founded in 2016, UpCircle is the brain child of brother-sister duo Will and Anna and repurposes discarded natural ingredients, transforming them into beauty products such as soaps, serums, face masks and exfoliators.
The idea was born when the siblings realised how much used coffee grounds were going to landfill on a daily basis from cafés across London. They decided to rescue the beans and use them to create a high-quality body scrub.
In an interview with Glamour magazine, co-founder Will explained, “Most other scrubs are made with cheap, low-grade Robusta coffee. At UpCircle, we use the highest-quality Arabica grounds collected from specially-selected coffee shops and restaurants. If you wouldn’t want to drink it, why would you want to put it on your face?"
UpCircle now picks up 350kg of fresh coffee grounds each day from over 100 partners, and has rescued over 250 tonnes of coffee grounds from going to landfill!
Since its inception, the company has expanded to include a variety of other rescued ingredients. Chai spices from chai tea production are used to create fragrant soap bars, whilst leftover hemp seed husks make rich face masks. Chamomile stems, a by-product of tea industry, are repurposed for soothing and refreshing toners, and the oil in date stones, discarded during the production of dates, are used in their super-hydrating moisturiser.
UpCircle products we stock at The Refill Pantry
Come and check out our range of UpCircle products, from sustainable skincare to plastic-free accessories:
Coffee Body Scrub (Tangerine, Lemongrass, Cacao or Peppermint) 200ml
- Made with repurposed coffee grounds from London cafes
- Raw shea butter is high in Vitamins E and A, nourishing the skin
- Caffeine stimulates blood flow and decreases the appearance of cellulite
“The perfect amount of scrubbiness without being too harsh on the skin...you are left with a soft moisture barrier on the skin, not a greasy film like some natural organic products can cause.”
Fennel & Cardamom Soap Bar
- Made with leftover chai spices used to create Henny & Joe's chai syrup
- Green clay removes impurities, reduces inflammation and acne
- Unrefined raw shea butter for intense hydration
“Loved this soap! So creamy, a beautiful light smell. I use this every night on my face and it doesn’t dry my skin at all. Would definitely recommend.”
Cleansing Face Balm (50ml)
- Uses residual chai spices from the production Henny & Joe's chai syrup
- Great for combating acne and breakouts
- 100% natural, palm oil free, vegan & cruelty-free
“My skin has never felt so good, a 5* fantastic product.”; “Nothing has ever removed my makeup so well...Also smells incredible.”
- Multi-award-winning, one of the brand’s top products
- Made from leftover coffee bean oil, with jojoba, sea buckthorn and rosehip oil
- Rich in Vitamin C
“Literally the best thing I have ever used on my face.”; “Super hydrating, brightens your face and helps with breakouts.”
Face Moisturiser (50ml)
- A combination of cocoa butter, aloe vera and blood orange
- Made with discarded argan shells, a by-product of the argan oil industry and rich in antioxidant Vitamin E
Suitable for all skin types
“A lovely moisturiser that leaves the skin feeling really smooth and hydrated. It’s non greasy and sits really nicely under make-up.”
Face Scrub 100ml (Citrus or Herbal Blend)
- Each tube of face scrub contains the leftover grounds of three espressos!
- Herbal blend is made with thyme oil, with strong antimicrobial properties
- Citrus blend contains anti-inflammatory orange oil
“Great smell, gentle scrub that leaves my skin feeling fresh and looking vibrant...Totally recommend.”
Face Mask (60ml)
- Made with discarded olive stones
- Suitable for all skin types
- Fights blackheads, reduces pores and prevents breakouts
“Love it, small pot but a little goes a long way. The scent is heavenly and helps you relax while you leave it on. Very soothing.”
We also stock the following accessories to complement your UpCircle products:
· Bamboo Soap Dish
· Olive Soap Dish
· Aluminium Soap Tin
· Sisal Soap Holder
· Linen Chest Soap Saver (various colours)
· Bath time Heart Shaped Loofah
· Wooden Natural Nail Brush
· Tube squeezer (to get the most out of your products!)
We hope you enjoy UpCircle’s products as much as we do!
Check out their website for their full range at https://upcirclebeauty.com/