BeeBee Beeswax Wraps
Updated: Sep 17, 2020
What Are BeeBee Wraps?
* BeeBee Wraps are reusable beeswax and organic cotton food wraps
* They are plastic free and compostable
* Using beeswax wraps means you can ditch the disposable plastic wrap and cut down on your plastic waste
* They are better for your food as they allow the food to breathe without building up moisture
How To Use BeeBee Wraps
To wrap things in them, use the heat of your hands to shape the wrap around bowls or food to make a breathable seal for your foods. Never put your wraps in the microwave or dishwasher as they do not work well in heat due to the beeswax. No one wants melted wraps!
Ingredients BeeBee Wraps use only four sustainably sourced ingredients. Organic cotton is infused with a blend of beeswax, rosin and organic jojoba oil. They are then cut to size and packed in to their plastic free sleeves. What To Wrap - Giant Wraps are great for large foods like bread, lettuce or covering mixing bowls. - Large Wraps are good to use when cover large bowls, or wrapping bigger foods such as melon, leftovers, cheese, sandwiches etc. You could even make little pouches with the large wrap to hold nuts, crisps, sweets etc! - Medium Wraps can be used for small cheeses, children's sandwiches, smaller bowls, herbs etc. Use these wraps as pouches for nuts, halves of lemons or limes or sweets. - Small Wraps can wrap over the ends of cucumbers, lemons, avocados or cover jars, sauces, milk bottles or even make a pouch to cover wine bottles! How To Reuse BeeBee Wraps Wipe or wash your wraps in cold soapy water and let them air dry. Depending on the food you use, you may not have to wash them after every use. If you have wrapped dry foods such as bread or seeds, you can just wipe down the wrap to get rid of crumbs. After using things like avocado, cheese or cooked meat, make sure you wash and scrub your wrap in cold soapy water. Foods such as onions, cheese or anything smelly can leave the wraps with a smell. To make sure other things don't become smelly, use one wrap that is dedicated to each of these types of foods. Alternatively you can place your food in a container and cover it with a wrap. Make sure to follow the proper care instructions so your wraps last up to a year or even more! How to clean your BeeBee Wraps As the wraps should be washed in cold water instead of hot, it's best not to directly wrap raw meat or fish as you can't be sure they will be 100% clean from these foods. If you want to cover these foods, place them in to a container and cover the container with a wrap, making sure the wrap isn't touching the food. How To Store Your BeeBee Wraps BeeBee wraps keep best when they are stored rolled up in a drawer or in a jar.
How To Dispose of BeeBee Wraps At the end of your wraps life, they can be turned into firelighters for BBQs or wood burners. BeeBee wraps are also compostable, so if you don't have a fire, be sure to compost them instead.
Who Makes BeeBee Wraps? Team BeeBee lovingly hand makes all the BeeBee wraps in their Cambridge workshop. Every wrap goes through quality control a few times and is checked by a member of the team. Each wrap is packed individually by hand too.
Sustainable and Environmental Policies To Note
- No harmful toxins or chemicals that harm the eco-system or health are used in BeeBee wraps
- No GMO is used for the growth of the cotton used to make the wraps
- Each wrap is traceable down to where the cotton was grown, when it was made and where the beeswax came from in the UK
- Their packaging is plastic free and recycled
- Excess waxed fabric is used for firelighters. You can pick some up at events BeeBee Wraps attend.
- Renewable energy is used to power their machines at their HQ
- As a whole business, BeeBee Wraps have excellent policies in place. These include aiming to reduce as much wasted resources and materials as possible, buying less in their offices, giving their staff the best working environment, reducing travel their team use, using local materials and much more. Check their website for their entire environmental and sustainable policies.
Bee Bee Wraps Available at The Refill Pantry
Single Wrap £9.50 Each Sardines/Whale pod/Wheat 33cm x 33cm
Mixed Size Pack - 3 Wraps - £14 per pack Tulip/Wheat/Sardines 1 33cm x 33cm, 1 26cm x 26cm, 1 18cm x 18cm
Family Pack - 5 Wraps - £22.50 per pack Ocean/Nature 2 33cm x 33cm, 2 26cm x 26cm, 1 18cm x 18 cm